Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Shelves...and Extra Closet Space

We had a very productive Saturday. We did a bunch of little projects around the house and on the cars. My favorite was putting up some new shelves for some of my models.

wood $10
brackets $4
hardware $1.50
spray paint $7
having extra room in our closets.........priceless!

These are the new shelves. The models represent 4 years of my life (for anyone that doesn't know, I have been working on a second bachelor degree in archi-torture. I can't count how many hours this has taken me, but that's why they call it torture). Amazingly they have been spared from destruction by cats and kids for all this time. I love being able to look at them and am excited to re-organize the closets with more space in them.

These are the shelves I put in the office a while back. It is now Alex's room, but nobody seems to mind the models being there.

3 comments:

Sean and Laura said...

What talent! And to think you were going to study audiology.

kkerr said...

Awesome! I have been dying to see these. Thanks for posting.

Lisa said...

Wow, those models (and shelves!) are amazing! You are so talented.