Thursday, April 24, 2008

Breech Baby (again)

On Tuesday I went in for another ultrasound and found out the baby was breech. My kids seem to have a habit of doing that. So today I went to see my midwife and she tried an ECV (external cephalic version). It was a bit painful and hard to not tense up when she was doing it, even though she was telling some pretty funny stories to distract me. It didn't work the first couple tries, but finally the kid flipped! Now I just have to stand or sit up straight for a while in the hopes she won't flip back. I have to say that I am so blessed to have such an incredible and experienced midwife. I cannot say enough great things about her. She was absolutely amazing with Alex's VBAC. I feel so sure that I would have had to have another C-section if she hadn't been there at the end of my labor last time. It makes me so excited to have the next one there--as long as she stays put!

2 comments:

Marinda said...

My sister Mary Ann had that done and she told me how painful it was... she cried a lot and her stomach bruised. After all of that, her little stinker would not move! ouch!

kkerr said...

Silly baby! Tell her to stay put!