Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm alive...

FINALLY!!!!!

Finally the class from you know where is ending. The most difficult semester of my life, as you may have noticed from previous posts.

6 years, 16 semesters, 29 classes, 100 credits, 3 kids, countless babysitters, way way too many all nighters, and .... only 1 more class left! (but thankfully not for a few months-I'll be hibernating)

Tonight we presented our final projects to the community where they voted on them and gave us feedback. One really cool thing is that I designed a bus shelter as part of my project and the jury really liked it. My teacher said it was brilliant (which is the first compliment I ever heard from him) and that I should submit it to FDOT to be considered in the county. I feel so honored and think it would be really awesome to see them use the design. (I'm posting it here because you probably want to see the "masterpiece", but nobody steal it, okay?)


Here are the boards I was talking about (don't mind the lame outfit that makes me look pregnant-which I am not. I was hard pressed to find anything decent that was clean. What's up with our maid anyway?)

I guess I did learn a lot this semester, even though I had to go through so much, and way more about computers than I ever wanted to know. I spent so long in this position that I had a hard time straightening my legs after a while. And yes, I am working on two laptops at the same time (benefits of mac and pc)

I also feel so grateful to Heavenly Father for giving me the strength and abilities to accomplish something so difficult. I have honestly felt his guiding hand in so many instances along the way that make me realize that he is there and that he cares about even the smallest details of our lives, like architorture. Now I am ready to have my life back again. Just wanted to let everyone know that I lived.

5 comments:

Mary Evans said...

Yahoo! You made it. Great job, Laura. We're so proud of you. Love, Mom and Dad

Ariel said...

Lola, so glad you are still alive. I am just amazed at how awesome you are to do everything you do. Law school will be lucky to have you when you finish up trying to kill yourself with architecture. ;)

Lisa said...

Way to go!! Of course I'm no expert, but I think your designs and presentation look phenomenal!

Now go take a nap.

HeatherWasHere said...

Yay Laura, "The Girl Who Lived". You are one amazing mommy.

Sarah said...

Yay!!! good for you!! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see you in the summer!!