Friday, September 5, 2008

Twins?


Which is which? The other day I put this outfit on Marissa and thought of this picture of when Erin was a baby. I couldn't resist duplicating it. It makes me realize that my kids kind of do look alike. Oh, my sweet little girls!

So Marissa rolled over for the first time today! I put her on her tummy, left the room and when I came back she was on her back. I tried asking Alex if he had anything to do with it but it's hard to get a straight answer from an almost 2 year old. So I rolled her back over and she did it again. I did it a few more times just for good measure. So it wasn't a fluke, she's rolling. It's always exciting to see them do new things like this, but then I realize how fast she's growing up. Wasn't she just born?

And yes, Marissa is officially a thumb-sucker. I tried putting socks on her hands but finally just let her indulge herself. It must be very succulent because I find her enjoying it every morning after a long 10+ hours of sleep. While it may be a hard habit to break later, at least I can enjoy a good night's sleep now... oh, and it is pretty cute!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Whoa - totally twins! I love it! Your kids look like pretty little dolls with such porcelain skin. Are you ready for Ike??

Heather said...

abe is my only thumb-sucker. he said at age 4 he's stop. now he says it's age 5. but he only does it with his blanket and only when he goes to sleep at night. sigh... what to do?

Loren and Tama said...

your kids are darling. How fun to catch up on your life after so long! Take care!

Stephanie Black said...

How cute is she! Congratulations on your new baby. I guess she is a few months old now, but this was the first I've seen her. She looks so much like Erin! I hope you are well. It is fun to look at your blog and see what's going on in your life in FL. I miss FL so much and all the great friends. Take care.
PS - It is not fair that she sleeps all night. I'm just barely getting Collin to at 9 1/2 months, and that is only some nights!