My first tag. Here are the rules:
A ~ Each person has to list 6 facts/habits about them
B ~ After part A, go to 6 people's blogs and leave a comment letting them know to read your blog, and that they have been tagged. List at the end of your posting who you have tagged.
1. I am addicted to Chap Stick. Ever since probably high school I have needed the stuff--daily. I usually just carry it in my pocket, but if I lose it or forget it for a day, I go crazy! My lips just need it. I suppose there are worse things to be addicted to. Mine only costs $1.29 every couple of months (though I like to have a couple of spares on hand just in case).
2. I have gone to college for 9 1/2 out of the last 14 years, and I won't even have a master's degree to show for it when I'm done in a year and a half. At least I will have two bachelor's degrees and have had a lot of fun along the way.
3. I have what I refer to as "the fruit reaction." Basically, I have a reaction every time I eat anything that's too tart or citrus-y. My face gets all red, hot and sometimes breaks a sweat. It happens with oranges, pineapple, grapes, grapefruit, some types of apples, lemons, some kinds juices, starbursts, etc. I thought it happened to everyone because it's not really severe and goes away pretty fast. But I realized when I first went to college that it wasn't normal to have that reaction. I haven't met anyone else with it yet.
4. I have a stub toe. It's the "big" one on my left foot and is about a 1/4" shorter than the one on my other foot. I always thought it was from dropping an ice skate on it when I was 7, but then I looked in my baby book at my footprints and guess what? I was just born a mutant. I used to be self conscious of it, but now I think it's pretty cool. (Hey, it's just a miracle I can walk with that thing.)
5. I like cats a lot more than I like dogs. I don't know if I just had some traumatic experiences with dogs growing up (like getting attacked on my mission by a vicious beast) or if I'm just lazy and like the fact that cats clean themselves, bury their poop, and don't need walks. I think I've just always been a cat person.
6. I was the first sister missionary, along with my companion, to serve in the southern most city in the world: Ushuaia, Argentina (on the island of Tierra del Fuego). It was my dream my whole mission to go down there, but they'd never sent sisters that far south before. I spent 6 months in Rio Grande, 3 hours north of Ushuaia, but I still wanted to go further. I think my mission president got sick of my begging so he sent me down there the last two months of my mission. It was an amazing dream come true!
I tag Cheryl, Marinda, Lisa, Ariel, Robin, and Rachel