Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kids, house and color disaster

I guess I haven't been too inspired to post anything lately. But here's what's been going on:

We are close to being done with out kitchen project. Jared put some recessed lights in and they look great. We did the painting last week. I loved the first color we put on the three walls, but then when we put the red accent wall up I really didn't like it. I've kept it for a week now hoping it would grow on me, but no. Our first color disaster! I think it's just too bright and dark for our kitchen, and a little more pink than I wanted. So now the challenge is finding something we can live with and redoing it. I bought a laundry hamper for the hall even though Jared didn't think it would be good there. Later he said, "You know, this is really more your house than mine so you can pretty much do whatever you want with it." I guess I do spend quite a bit of time within these walls.

I think it looks better in this picture, but it's still just too much.


Speaking of the house, I've been focusing a lot on flylady recently. Here's the website: http://flylady.net/ It's just helps me keep my house cleaner and have some direction in my day. I really like it, though my house is definitely still a work in progress. I suppose you could say I am "nesting" already even though the baby is months away. I always feel like I need to do everything I can before I'll be rendered utterly useless when the baby comes.

I love it when Erin and Alex play so well together. Sometimes they play for hours and that's when I sit back and think "ahh, this is why I had two kids." Don't think it's like that all the time though. They do have their moments. They both pick on each other and get annoyed with each other like normal siblings. But overall it is such a blessing for them to have each other. I can't imagine having an only child! (I think it would be too much work for me to always be the entertainer)

Every Thursday Erin's friend comes over to play after pre-school. Inevitably they always end up with dolls under their shirts pretending they are going to have babies because both their moms are pregnant. Alex is getting really good at playing with dolls as well. Don't get me wrong, he likes cars and balls too, but it's so cute to see him copying Erin with her dolls.

I'm amazed by all of Alex's new words. He came up to me at the park and said a word I didn't want to hear "wing"-- which meant I had to push him on the swing (Hey, I took them to the park, and now they want me to stand there and push? Ugh. I try to focus on how exciting slides are instead). The other night Jared was saying "ready, set, go" and then lifting him in the air. Every time he put him down he'd say very clearly "ready" so that Jared would do it again.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That last part about the swings and slides made me laugh . . . same with us! I will push them in the swings for a few minutes, then it's time for THEM to burn some energy!! Good luck with redoing the walls & stuff- hey, anything is better than the plain white walls we have (I am not exactly the decorating type!). Have a good day!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Just found your blog....Awesome!! Congrats on the baby!!! I am so excited to keep in touch!