Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mobility

Marissa is now four months old and is such a joy. She weighed 12 lbs 8.5 oz at the doctor last week and only cried a little when she got her shots... then she found her thumb. I may hate it later, but it is sure nice to have that comfort item handy any time she wants it. Just a side note, I love our pediatrician (he's new as of April). After almost three years of having an okay one, we finally switched to Dr. Rotlewitz. I don't know what it is with the Jewish doctors, but they are great. It seems like he actually likes kids, unlike the last one. My midwife was also Jewish and I couldn't say enough about her. I also must say thank you to them for having so many Jewish holidays so that we get lots of ramdom days off from school. There are many things to love about south Florida!

Marissa is becoming very mobile. A few weeks ago I'd put her down and she would do 360's around the blanket. Now she has mastered rolling and changing directions which can lead her almost anywhere. I always put her down on a blanket but inevitably she ends up on the tile...


...or the hard floor (asleep--note the blanket she was on)...

...or under the couch...

...or she just falls asleep on the carpet giving herself carpet marks on her face. I don't know why I even bother with the blanket at all. I guess it just makes me feel better knowing she could choose something soft and comfortable, even if she hardly ever does. My goal for at least one of my children is to not have them fall off the bed. Since I failed with the other two, I'm crossing my fingers for this one. I do have to keep reminding myself that she is very mobile and must not be placed on the bed. There is hope yet!

It's always a little sad knowing the newborn stage is over, but this stage is also very fun. It makes me laugh to see where she has ended up. And she is really starting to laugh herself which is a great stage too. I love seeing her personality come outt even though I can't believe she is already so old.

1 comment:

Max & Mary said...

What a cutie! We wish we could cuddle her and kiss those sweet little chubby cheeks. Love, Grandma and Grandpa Evans